I'm still exploring the new world of machine learning.
Recently I discovered few interesting things about it:
- It's not only for math nerds. A lot of tools are on market, you just have to understand how to use them
- There are a lot of application of ML, it might be hard to see that from the first sight but it because it's a completely new way of solving problems you probably never thought about
- Investors LOVE it, any project which has AI/ML in the description make it more attractive for investments
- It's the next Big Thing as you might see already
- A lot of human's mechanic work can be replaced with AI
- In terms of scientific researches I see two kind of them: 1) Very deep math used for building ML tools 2) Adaptation of existing tools, model configurations, best practices for new applications
Hence, I started experimenting with it. First of them was Prisma-like chat bot for Facebook which uses open source implementation of neural style transfer algorithm. Then I made AI-powered visa sponsored job search engine which discovers companies' websites and walk over job listings to extract vacancies. It uses CNN for binary classification to recognise job listings.